Winston Engineering Inc is a MEP Engineering firm that has provided HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing Engineering for residential and commercial buildings for the past 6 years. There is a lot of room for growth within the Construction Engineering field so there is no limit to Winston Engineering Inc’s growth!
This is somewhat of an unorthodox job posting. Winston Engineering Inc is considering adding Civil Engineering to our service offerings but only if we can find the right partner. You read that correctly. We are looking for a partner, not an employee. As a MEP Engineering firm, we have never delved into the Civil Engineering world. The goal is to bring on the right person to lead and grow the Civil Engineering side of the business. This position allows the incoming Engineer to step into a partnership role in the Civil division. I’d also like to note that the position is completely remote. Below are some key points:
- Engineer must be a Senior level, licensed Engineer and the license must be held in California. We will look at getting you licensed in other states as well.
- Must have Senior level experience (5+ years) in and or all Civil disciplines (Site Civil, grading or transportation).
- Must be able to perform all Engineering duties without the assistance of drafters (initially).
- Must be comfortable building a team of Engineers/drafters to oversee.
- Able to give direction to local site surveyors (since position is remote).
- Must have insight into pricing projects and writing proposals for Civil work.
- Use Civil design software to layout roads, rail alignments, drainage systems and utility systems as well as site grading and earthwork designs.
- Use Hydraulic modeling tools to analyze and design storm water, sanitary and potable water systems
- Research and apply codes, specifications and standards for design of the above elements
- Coordinate with other disciplines to apply skills in delivering sustainable outcomes
- Apply understanding of all phases of the planning, design and construction process
- Research requirements of regulatory environment for gaining approval at different stages of project delivery
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Engage with project stakeholders and clients to develop designs that meets needs and concerns
- Support development of report writing, calculation packages, and specifications
- Work comfortably from home (or wherever you’d like) on company provided equipment.
- Company contribution towards a Medical, dental and vision plan of your choice.
- Holiday pay for major holidays.
- Generous paid time off (Unlimited)
- Funding towards cell phone bill
- 401k match
- Negotiable and will include profit sharing of the Civil side of the business.
This is the job for you if:
- Want to be challenged
- Want to work with little oversight from a manager
- Ok with being remote and have the ability to work anywhere you’d like as long as you have a strong internet connection and a quiet place
This is not the job for you:
- Require constant handholding
- Require a lot of in-person interaction with your co-workers
Job Type: Full-time